Today, we are rolling out updates for the OneNote Class Notebook add-in, including new Learning Management System (LMS) and Student Information System (SIS) assignment and grade integration for Edsby. To see the full list of over 40 committed education partners, please visit our OneNote Education Partners page. This page also has helpful training videos demonstrating how the OneNote Class Notebook integrates with each of the different LMSes. Read on to learn what’s new in OneNote to help you in the classroom.
OneNote Class Notebook improvements
With this update we made several additions and improvements for the Class Notebook add-in (version 1.7.0), including:
- Assignment and grade integration with Edsby.
- Schoology assignment and grade integration improvements.
- Skooler assignment and grade improvements.
For details on how to attach your OneNote Class Notebook to an LMS or SIS and create assignments and grades, see “Class Notebook add-in getting started guide.”
Add some fun to your notebooks with new sticker packs
One of the most popular education features we’ve added to OneNote over the past year has been stickers! We’ve seen teachers use and customize stickers in lots of fun and personalized ways. Today, we are launching two new sticker packs: Silly Supplies and Cacti Friends.
Improve reading comprehension with Learning Tools updates
We’re also rolling out a new version of the OneNote Desktop Learning Tools add-in (version 1.4.0), which improves reading comprehension by:
- Improved Syllables accuracy for English.
- Added Syllables functionality for four new languages—French, German, Italian and Spanish.
- Improved word detection and highlighting for Chinese and Japanese.
- Transition to HelpShift for Support email.
Noun, verb and adjective highlighting will be coming to Spanish, French, German and Italian later this summer.
More updates to support you in the classroom
Find credible sources and content right within OneNote—
Take your Class Notebooks with you—
Redesigned OneNote for Windows 10 now available—
See how schools are already benefitting from switching to OneNote for Windows 10:
That’s a wrap on OneNote for June. Stay tuned for more this summer! To get OneNote, leave a suggestion or ask for help, follow these links:
- Get OneNote: Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | OneNote Online
- Suggestions: OneNote UserVoice
- Help: Answers.Microsoft.com