Today, Forrester published their Wave report for Cloud Enterprise File Sync and Share, placing Microsoft OneDrive in the “Leaders” position. In addition to being positioned as a Leader, Microsoft was ranked highest in current offering and tied for second in strategy.
The Forrester report stated that “Microsoft offers comprehensive collaboration” and OneDrive “delivers workplace productivity, file sharing, and content management capabilities that are increasingly powered by cognitive content services.” Forrester also made note of our adoption and deployment service, citing that “Microsoft helps clients migrate from on-premises systems with its FastTrack program; eligible customers can move files at no cost.”
This recognition demonstrates our commitment to our customers by ensuring that OneDrive provides the best file sharing and collaboration capabilities, including:
- Best with Office 365—OneDrive is included with your Office 365 subscription and is the only solution that enables you to edit and co-author Office documents across browser, mobile, and desktop apps—along with intelligent discovery and insights powered by the Microsoft Graph.
- Support for a broad range of file types—OneDrive can store any file type and, in addition to Office files, now can view over 270 file types, including Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Illustrator (AI), Acrobat (PDF), as well as video, 3D formats, and DICOM images.
- Security and IT confidence—OneDrive leverages Microsoft security capabilities such as Data Loss Prevention (DLP), eDiscovery, Customer Key (BYOK), and data retention controls with consistent management across Office 365.
- Deployment flexibility—Customers can choose their deployment model—cloud, hybrid, or on-premises. Customers moving to the cloud can leverage no-cost Microsoft FastTrack deployment, adoption, and migration services.
- Cloud leadership and compliance—With 100+ global datacenters and Microsoft’s global network edge—combined with compliance standards, including ISO 27001, AICPA SOC 1/2/3, FISMA, FedRAMP, FERPA, EU Model Clauses, and contractual commitments to the GDPR—we offer customers trusted enterprise-grade compliance and security